Effective Date: November 1, 2015
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Greentec Innovations, Inc. (“Company”) uses Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all individuals who use our web site on or after the Effective Date. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. If you do not agree to our practices, please do not register, subscribe, create an account, use www.PotsPlantersandMore.com (the “Site”), or otherwise interact with the Company.
Company respects the privacy of visitors to our Site. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully so that you understand what information we collect and what we do with that information. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected online through the Site and does not describe the ways in which we may collect or use information obtained offline or through any other means.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at sales@PotsPlantersandMore.com. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
Greentec Innovations, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Office
7650 Austin Ave.
Skokie, IL 60077
PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. Our website is not directed at children under 13 and we won't knowingly allow anyone under 13 to provide us any personally identifying information; if you're under 13, please don't provide any information about yourself on this website.
- Types of Personal Information We Collect.
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. In some cases, Personal Information is used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Company.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of services may interest you. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Company, such as the items you view and purchase; other information about how you use our web site, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Company’s merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- How Company Collects Personal Information.
- How Company Uses Personal Information.
Company uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Site;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for Company services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Company and our merchants and business partners, such as Company news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Site, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Site.
- When and Why Company Discloses Personal Information.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Company) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Manufacturers, but only to the extent you have contacted the Manufacturer, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Company on behalf of the Manufacturer. We may also provide Manufacturers with Personal Information about the individuals who have purchased from the Manufacturers, to send customized offers, to validate the purchases, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting Company and the Manufacturer, and to facilitate a direct relationship between Manufacturers and customers and enable Manufacturers to communicate electronically with customers.
- Company business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Company and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Company from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Company business partner, Company may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Company and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage Company’s merchant and business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
- Cookies and Related Technologies.
- Referring Friends to Company.
Company enables you to refer friends. You may be eligible to receive rewards (the identification, rights, obligations and limitations of which will be described as part of the applicable reward program) or to earn other benefits for referring friends (subject to Terms and Conditions for referring a friend and details available on our Site). If you wish to refer friends to Company, we provide you a unique referral link, which you can share directly with others via email, social media websites, or other communications methods. If someone clicks your link and takes a qualifying action, we may attribute that referral to you for purposes such as tracking or providing a reward. Company does not collect Personal Information about the persons with whom you share your link until the persons click the link and engage directly with Company.
- Your Choices.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and how you use our Site and our services. However, you can limit the information you provide to Company, and you can limit the communications that Company sends to you. You can manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your transactions. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with Company, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as Facebook. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Company and your social media account or your mobile device. If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from Company merchants or business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information.
You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Site and/or the App or sending us an email at email@example.com. If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us here. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Security of Personal Information.
Company uses commercially reasonable controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. In the event that we become aware of unauthorized access to your Personal Information in a manner that exposes, or risks exposure of, your Personal Information in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement, we will notify affected users via email, provide a notification displayed on the Site, and provide a notification displayed in the App, within 7 business days of the date that Company has actual notice of such event. We also agree to cooperate with any individual who pursues legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America.
Company, is headquartered in the State of Illinois and the Site and related services are currently intended for use by lawful residents of the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, merchants, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to our Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Company through your interaction with the Company’s web site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our web site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our merchants and business partners may have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our web site. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the web site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
- California Privacy Rights.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law requires that companies inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Company pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to email@example.com, or by writing us at the following address: www.PotsPlantersandMore.com Greentec Innovations, Inc. Attention: Privacy Office 7650 Austin Ave. Skokie, IL 60077 Please allow 30 days for a response.